Highlights from ACT's 39th Annual Meeting
- A total of 1,056 registrants attended the Annual Meeting in West Palm Beach, FL
- There were two well-received Plenary sessions from invited speakers covering topics of: “A More Dangerous Heroin: Lessons Learned from Street-Based Research in Four US Fentanyl Hotspots” by Daniel H. Ciccarone, MD, MPH and “Studies of Domestic Dogs Facilitates Understanding of Human Health and Biology” by Elaine A. Ostrander, PhD
- A total of 10 (instead of the traditional 8) CE courses were presented, with high attendance across all 10 CE due to an increase in total CE registrants (Total CE registrants = 684)
- A total of 16 symposia/workshops (instead of the traditional 15 sessions) were held; the additional workshop (Early Career Development: Building a Better Toxicologist) was the result of special efforts by our ECPO members. In addition, for the first time, two 1.25-hr mini-symposia were included which ran concurrently with the Hot Topics session.
- Winners of the somewhat humid annual 5K ToxTrot: Matthew Ruis and Kelly Spencer